As a coloured pencil artist I know how expensive it can be to have all the professional grade pencils.
I was lucky to be able to buy a full set of Polychromos and a full set of Prismacolors. Unfortunately not many of us artists are able to do it with a limited budget.
Grab your free Coloured pencil Checklist here: GET FREEBIE
My sales have dropped considerably since the start of the pandemic in 2020. So I have not been able to splash out on my next full set of pencils. The ones I am dying to splurge on are the Caran D’Ache luminance.
With my profits at the moment, I am able to keep a roof over my head and pay the bills, plus I am also saving a little each month for the Luminance pencils above.
In the meantime I will be buying pencils on a budget. Here is how I will be doing it.
As I mentioned earlier, I really want to try the Caran D’Ache Luminance pencils. So instead of buying the full set I could:
- Buy a smaller set with the colours I tend to use more often
- for example I love drawing baby portraits so the Caran D’Ache Luminance portrait coloured pencils would be a good buy @ £59 instead of the £220 price tag.
- I could also buy a set of 12 basic colours @ £29 to get me started like the Caran D’ Ache luminance 12
I also want to try out some brands that I have seen reviewed on other blogs. I don’t want to invest in a full set just yet as I may not like them. What a waste of money that would be if I did that? So trying out the more affordable smaller sets will be ideal.
Here is my wish future wish list. Once I have managed to purchase some I will be doing a review myself so stay tuned or subscribe to this blog to be notified.
COLOURED PENCIL WISH LIST
- Castle art supplies 72 coloured pencils @ £36
- Derwent Artists set of 12 @ £22.99
- Derwent Coloursoft 24
- Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor 36 @ £38
- Derwent Inktense 24 @ £32
- Black Widow 24 @ £15
Come and join me in my Free Facebook group: COLOURED PENCILS HELP AND COMMUNITY